Sunday, June 23, 2013

Patch's Guardian Angel Tour

Posted by BookGroupies
    OMP (Oh My Patch)


*Sigh* Patch Cipriano where to start with him.

1) Sexy
2) Mysterious
3) Sarcastic
4)Strong
5) Angel
6) Sweet/Romantic
Song that reminds us of Nora and Patch






Sexy
“Patch was dressed in the usual: black shirt, black jeans and a thin silver necklace that flashed against his dark complexion. His sleeves were pushed up his forearms, and I could see his muscles working as he punched buttons. He was tall and lean and hard, and I wouldn't have been surprised if under his clothes he bore several scars, souvenirs from street fights and other reckless behavior.

Not that I wanted a look under his clothes.”


*Sigh* This quote alone is self explanatory, Patch is a walking talking sexy machine *wink*, he has all the features us ladies are looking for. Killer abs, messy hair, dark eye, chiselled features and a voice that makes you want to melt.

Just a little more Patch sexiness for you:

“His hands slid up my neck, searing hot. Pressing his thumbs gently into my throat, he tipped my head back. I felt his lips come against mine sohard he stopped whatever name I'd been about to call him from coming out. His hands dropped to my shoulders, skimmed down my arms, and came to rest at the small of my back. Little shivers of panic and pleasure shot through me.
He tried to pull me against him, and I bit him on the lip.
He licked his lip with the tip of his tongue. "Did you just bite me?"
"Is everything a joke to you?" I asked.
He dabbed his tongue to his lip again. "Not everything."
"Like what?"
"You.”


“I watched him pitch the ball at a table neatly lined with six bowling pins, my stomach giving a little flutter when his T-shirt crept up in the back, revealing a stripe of skin. I knew from experience that every inch of him was hard, defined muscle. His back was smooth and perfect too, the scars from when he’d fallen once again replaced with wings—wings I, and every other human, couldn’t see.

Mysterious
“How did you get in?"
"I move in mysterious ways."
"God moves in mysterious ways. You move like lightning - here one moment, gone the next.”


When you first meet him, he's just this weird, hot creepy guy in Nora's class. Through out the first book he always remained a bit of a mystery. But I think that's part of what makes him so alluring. The dangerous, bad boy mysterious side to him.

 Sarcastic
“You smell good, too,” said Patch
"It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”
"Naked. I know the drill”


Oh Patch *sigh* we could go on all day with quote after quote of his sarcastic ways  He's honestly one of the most sarcastic book boys we've had the pleasure of meeting. Not only does his sarcasms make him sexy as hell but it also makes him very entertaining.

 “I don't go out with strangers," I said.
"Good thing I do. I'll pick you up at five.”


This has to be one of my all time favorite quotes, manly because it was their first encounter or date
“Tacos."
"Tacos?" I echoed.
This seemed to amuse him. "Tomatoes, lettuce, cheese."
"I know what a taco is!”


Strong
"Patch gave me a secret smile, then shifted his weight back, cradling the ball into his chest. He dropped his right shoulder, brought his arm around, and sent the ball flying forward as hard as he could. There was a loud crack! and the remaining three pins scattered off the table."

He's a force to be reckoned with, he's deadly, fast and you won't see him coming. He's the type of guy you don't want to get on his bad side. Even though he has great physical strength, he has great mental strength as well. He's good at strategizing and tries to keep a clear and leave head in any situation.
Just to prove our point this is what Nora says:

“Patch wasn't the kind of guy mothers smiled on. He was the kind of guy they changed the house locks for.”

“But instead of taking the cue to leave, Patch crossed to Scott
in three steps. He flung him around to face the wall. Scott tried
to get his bearings, but Patch slammed him against the wall
again, disorienting him further. “Touch her,” he said in Scott’s
ear, his voice low and threatening, “and it’ll be the biggest
regret of your life.”
Before leaving, Patch flicked his eyes once in my direction.
“He’s not worth it.” He paused. “And neither am I.”
  

Angel
“But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”
Angel, what more needs to be said on this matter. Yes technically he's fallen but regardless of that fact he is still an angel.
"How does this whole guardian angel business work? Am I the only person who can see you? I mean, are you invisible to everyone else?"
Patch stared at me like he hoped I wasn't serious.

"You're not invisible?" I squeaked. "You have to get out of here!"
I made a movement to push Patch off the bed but was cut short by a searing jab in my ribs.
"She'll kill me if she finds you in here. Can you climb trees? Tell me you can climb a tree!"

Patch grinned. "I can fly."

Last but not least on this angel business here's the last one:
 “I looked to the window. Patch was gone, but a single black feather was pressed to the outer pane, held in place by last night's rain. Or Angel Magic”


“Hate to disappoint, but no feathers. I came to Earth stripped naked.”

Sweet/Romantic
“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.”

*Faints* There is not enough room to even describe Patch's sweet and romantic side. He comes off as a bad boy or just a plain jerk, but that's the furthest from the truth. Patch is a big ole softie, he has a giant heart but only Nora is privy to that amazing gift.

“I missed you, Angel. Not one day went by that I didn't feel you missing from my life."

 “Stay with me tonight. Let me hold you even if that's all it is. Let me keep you safe.”

“He bowed is head into my throat, groaning softly. "I loved you long before you loved me. Its the only thing I have you beat at, and ill bring it up every chance I get." His mouth pressed to my skin, took on a devilish curve. "Lets get out of here. I'm taking you back to my place, this time for good. We have unfinished business, and I think its time we do something about it.”

“I don’t like the idea of dragging you into something
that could get messy fast. If you need one more reason, I love you. This is uncharted territory for me,
but I need to know that at the end of the night, I have you to come home to.”


“They said the moment I fell in love with you was the moment you'd leave.”

And last but not least here are two quotes that really melted our hearts.

“I love you,Nora. Whatever happens, promise me you'll remember that. I don't care why you came into my life,only that you did. I don't remember all the things I did wrong. I remember what I did right, I remember you. You made my life meaningful. You made my life special.”

“I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have.”



*fan art by me- Megan Elliott)

If everything listed above didn't make you fall in love with him we have no idea what will. But if everything you just read made your heart turn into goo like ours then please HELP him on June 26 for the YA Crush Tourney. Last year he made it to second place lets help this sexy angel make it to first. Team Patch forever, OMP forever...My Patch live on in our hearts always.

Please vote here June 26th for round 2

 



2 comments:

Jen on June 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM said...

Love this!!

BookGroupies on June 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM said...

Thanks Jen ^_^

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos