Friday, July 5, 2013

Amy Plum interview with special guest Jules

Posted by BookGroupies
Alright we got to interview one of are all time favorite authors the ever talented Amy Plum *fan girl scream* She is just AMAZING!!!
Amy Plum is author of the International Bestsellers DIE FOR ME (an Indie Next List pick, Romance Times top pick, and recipient of a starred review from School Library Journal), UNTIL I DIE, and IF I SHOULD DIE. The trilogy is accompanied by an eNovella DIE FOR HER.


Now time for the interview :) we hope you all enjoy :)



1). Why did you pick Paris as your setting?
Because Paris is the most romantic city I know, as well as being the most creepy. (I lived there for five years in my twenties, and just moved back last year.) So I couldn’t think of any better place to set an epic romance in the midst of a battle between good and evil.

2). Do you plan on writing another novella?
I had fun writing DIE FOR HER, so would definitely be open to it. Right now I’m working on a new series that has nothing to do with the DIE FOR ME universe, but I wouldn’t mind coming back to the revenant universe.


3). Whose POV do you like writing the best?

Kate’s POV is easiest for me, because her personality is based on my own. That was a clear decision that I made when I started writing the book. People say, “Write what you know,” so since this was my very first try at fiction, I just wrote her from my own voice.


4). If you had to choose between Vincent and Jules, who would it be and why?
I would choose Vincent as a long-term partner and Jules as a short-term (but terribly passionate) romance.

5). While writing this series, was there one song that was inspirational to you? 
One of the fun parts of writing the series was polling my fans about which songs THEY wanted. And that’s how I made the playlists for books 2 and 3. But I guess I connect most with KISS ME SLOWLY by Parachute with Lady Antebellum. I used it for my video trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upZi8Jbhfys




 6). What are your top 5 favorite books?
It changes all the time. Right now I would say:
Mark Helprin’s WINTER’S TALE
Neil Gaiman’s NEVERWHERE
Marilynne Robinson’s HOUSEKEEPING
Marcus Sedgewick’s MIDWINTERBLOOD
William Goldman’s PRINCESS BRIDE
7). What advice would you give to writer starting out?
Read a lot. Write a lot. And once you’re ready, show your writing to a good range of people—not just your peers. Oh, and read Stephen King’s ON WRITING.

8). What would you want your readers to take away from the books?
I like it when my readers identify with Kate, and become stronger with her as the series goes along. I have a daughter, and hope when she grows up that she both as as sensitive and as strong as Kate.

9). How did you come up with the idea to bring Vincent back to life?
I knew I had to bring Vincent back to life, but to be honest, I had no idea how I was going to do it. Thankfully, my Muse had been working out lately, and really took me by the hand to find a solution.



10). If you could experience one thing from the book, what would it be and why? 
I would want to see the Guerriseurs’ Cave. Hands-down, that would be the one thing that I would want. (Even though I’m afraid of depths.)





And now for our special guest interview eeeeep *fan girl scream* this was so exciting!!! The ever amazing Jules Marchenoir






1). Do you think you will ever be able to get over Kate, and go back to France?
Some people say it takes a year for a heart to heal. I can’t imagine mine healing in that short of a time. If my kindred need me, I will go back to France. If they don’t, I would rather take my time here in New York and wait for the pain to go away before having to face her—them—again.


2). Why aren’t you on twitter? ;)

Maybe I am. I have had many names in my existence. 


3). What is your idea of a romantic date? 

Something outside. Since I’m in New York right now, I would say a romantic candlelit dinner on a rooftop terrace overlooking Manhattan. Why? Are you free?

EEEEEEPPP *falls off chair and dies* I will find a plane ticket and will be there in a flash!!!
 
 

Okay ladies! He is single, and ready to mingle! Go forth and find Jules!!!!!!!! ;)

We would just like to thank you both so very much for taking the time to answer our questions :)

You can follow Amy on twitter: @AmyPlumOhLaLa

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3353516.Amy_Plum

Blog: http://www.amyplumbooks.com/












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos