Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Author Spotlight!!!: Rebecca Yarros!!!!

Posted by BookGroupies
I am so excited for hosting this author spotlight on my blog today!!!! It's Rebecca Yarros!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Full Measures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you wanna read my review, click on the link!! Full Measures Review

                                                       
The inspiration behind FULL MEASURES
Hey there!  Thank you so much for letting me monopolize your blog for a wee bit.  ;) 
FULL MEASURES is my debut novel, a New Adult Romance about loss, love, and the ability to risk your heart. Oh, and it has Josh Walker, who is definitely a smokin’ hot book-boyfriend.
As for the inspiration, I found it all around me.  It was in the fear of my husband’s upcoming deployment.  It was in remembering the terror of being notified when he’d been seriously wounded during that first tour in Iraq. It was in the way my children simply trust that he’ll come home, when he can’t promise them that.
I was raised in a military family, the kid of two army officers who were also army brats.  Go figure, I fell in love with this really hot guy, married him twelve years ago, and yup, he’s an army aviator. This life has been all I’ve ever known. War has always terrified me, and when my husband began deploying, the knock at the door became my worst fear.
Full Measures came from me wondering, if I had lost my dad, my favorite guy on the planet when I was 19, to war, what would that have changed about me?  My willingness to love?  Would I ever have fallen for my husband, or would I have closed myself down?  How would my mother have dealt with it?  (Oh, and she’s no June, by the way, my mother is a force of nature in her own right). More than that, what kind of man could pull a young woman from that kind of grief and make her willing to take the risk of love?
Truthfully – I almost didn’t write it.  I thought it would be too dark, too morbid, too taboo to explore the grief a military family faces when they lose their service member.  Those gold stars that symbolize the loss of a soldier are sacred ground, and I was scared of treading on it.  But then I thought about the service flag that hangs in our home with two blue stars, symbolizing the service of my brother and my husband, and this line was born:
“She stitched on the gold star, its shiny, reflective threads changing the definition of my father’s life from one of service to one of sacrifice. That stupid gold star declared this one event in his life, his death, more important than all of the nineteen years that blue star had witnessed while hanging in our living room window.”
That was the first line of FULL MEASURES, even though it occurs a few chapters in.
So I took a chance, and started writing about six weeks before my husband left for his fourth deployment.  I had to tuck it away for a month, because the emotions of him deploying again, the fear of that goodbye kiss being our last, left my emotions a little too raw to write about the death of a service member.  But as soon as he started flying missions in Afghanistan, I was back to sleepless nights, and I finished FULL MEASURES about a month later.  Those steamy scenes?  Oh yeah, that’s the sexual frustration of a military wife spilling out onto the page.  ;)   

Thank you so much for having me on, and I hope you’ll give Josh and Ember a chance to rock your world!


~Blurb~

She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead.
Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart.
Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.
Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.
 
~Buy Link~


THANK YOU, Rebecca for stopping by my blog today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

If you haven't read this book yet, GO READ IT NOW!!!! You will fall in love with Josh, just like I did!!!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos