Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Posted by BookGroupies
Genre: YA
Pages: 336
Links: Amazon
       B&N

Summary:


TWO MISFITS. ONE EXTRAORDINARY LOVE. 
It's 1986 and two star-crossed teens are smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you'll remember your own first love--and just how hard it pulled you under.

 A cross between the iconic '80s movie Sixteen Candles and the classic coming-of-age novel Looking for Alaska, Eleanor & Park is a brilliantly written young adult novel.

My Review:



Eleanor & Park is written beautifully, I just love how the author makes us fall in love with the characters. Even though this book beat up my heart, and stomped all over it, I still loved how you can feel the chemistry between Eleanor & Park. At first they don’t just come out and say how they feel about each other, they show it through comic books and mix tapes, which I think rocks! I can relate to them, I was an outcast in school, I didn’t really fit in much. I really felt for Eleanor, that poor girl has been put through, a teenager should never have to go through. Eleanor has a beautiful soul, a lovely personality, I am glad that Park could see that. Park is the sweetest guy ever, what he does for Eleanor, makes me wish that every awkward girl in high school, could find a guy like that. 



Even though I loved this book, I had to give it 4 out of 5, because of the ending. You will understand when you read the book. Maybe, I am being a little selfish, but I needed more :)  Even though I wanted more of the story, this book brought back all of the feelings of finding that first love, and how you wanted to spend every minute with them. Every minute that you are away from them, feels like a century. This book will forever hold special spot in my heart. xoxo

I give it:
                                                         photo 94fa6397-240b-4b7a-ba40-e10434012e3e_zpsada5bf4f.jpg photo 94fa6397-240b-4b7a-ba40-e10434012e3e_zpsada5bf4f.jpg photo 94fa6397-240b-4b7a-ba40-e10434012e3e_zpsada5bf4f.jpg photo 94fa6397-240b-4b7a-ba40-e10434012e3e_zpsada5bf4f.jpg

(Admin Jazzy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos